Friday, December 23, 2011

12/23/11

Well here it is......almost Christmas and I am fighting with all my might to show the girls that we can get thru this !! I will admit- they've seen me cry a tiny bit & I reassure them this is normal but they've had their moments- Toni has had nightmares and Gianna is barely sleeping. As their mother I wish I could take away their pain & the fact that I can't hurts even more.

They are thinking of Carmen all the time......everytime they do something or if they see something that they would have gotten him for Christmas it is non stop. This is a good thing & a bad thing. I am happy they are able to do this......but sad that I hear & see their pain.

But we've also had our truly blessed times & so many people are making sure that they show us that they care and are here for us. And for this I will always been grateful !!!

This month we kept very busy....Gianna is on the swim team with twice a week meets & practice the other days !! And she also continues to help with her favorite little kindergartners whenever possible. Toni is also busy-she is on the cheerleading squad and just got the role she wanted (Pepper) in the school play Annie jr.

I too am keeping busy being mommy & taxi driver. At work I am fortunate to wear many hats- Family Engagement Liaison, Cafeteria aide and then I fill in wherever I'm needed.

So I am off........I won't be writing again until after Christmas. As you can imagine.....I am doing my best to make things normal for the girls while our hearts are breaking......we are having a hard time trying to do this. Thanksgiving was hard......but this week has been leading up to what feels like an impossible task.

We do wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year !!

No comments:

Post a Comment