Wednesday, January 11, 2012

1/11/2012 - 6 months today........

Today is 6 months and I am struggling with the loss of my beloved Carmen.

But I am a warrior- yes a warrior. I want those who know me to understand…....that anyone who is grieving the loss of someone they love is actively fighting a war. It is a war of engagement, a war of conflict and a war of survival. It is fought on many battlefields of the heart and soul- and it endures for many long days & nights.

This is not something I chose, but I can choose to be a warrior with a warrior spirit. I can believe in myself and my ability to get thru this. I am lucky & feel blessed to have my friends around me to stand by my side and to have my back. So thank you !!!
Accompanying me into battle are these words- (Hope)- filling me with love, telling me that no matter what I will heal one day. I will one day be happy & fulfilled again. (Courage) Life is uncertain but I have decided to take each day one step at a time, by doing this I will gain momentum to keep moving forward despite the fear & doubts that come my way. (Faith) I know that my Lord will get me thru this and is here by my side the whole time. I am not alone. (Love) Love will transcend loss and becomes greater each day. The love in my heart for my beloved Carmen, Gianna & Toni will sustain me and help me find my way. (Resilence) It is said “ it is not in the falling that we demonstrate resilience but in the getting back up again.” So I will face the pain and fear and I although I will sometimes fail and break down in tears …..I WILL get back up. And lastly (Rise) I will not allow what has happened to me and the girls define us. We will rise again, we will allow our sorrow to find it’s voice & roar and like the phoenix- we WILL ARISE FROM THE ASHES !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment