Wednesday, February 26, 2014

2/26/14- my thoughts on grief (part 1)

It has been so very long I know......and I'm sorry. I've been posting on FB mostly- but a few things have been going on and of course that makes me ponder and think about all kinds of things.


It is almost daily that we add women to our widow group, and to the other website that I help to administer and it makes you think about how many other people are on this journey we call grief. There are all kinds of journeys and each are unique yet on the other hand once we start upon the journey we have a whole new perspective on others pain. But we can still be caught off guard and not know what to say or do for others.


This past week I was told that Carmen's (biological) father died. It was quite odd to hear- I wasn't sure what to say- other than I'm sorry- when my sister in law told me. Reason being I had never met him & I had only heard that he was not a nice man. But I did think how very sad that he chose a path that he thought would make him happy and he lost everything and died alone. From the day I started dating Carmen- the man that I call my father in law- accepted me & is a kind man and sometimes I would wonder- does their father ever think about his 6 kids & their families-does he regret his choices. But no matter if he did or not- I can say with love- they are a crazy bunch but I wouldn't change the times we've had together.


Family was very important to Carmen and still is to me- so as we continue on without him- I try to remind and teach the girls......"Live, Love and Laugh" !!  Live life to the fullest and always do your best, Love with all your heart and soul and don't let others ever change you- rather you be the change and Laugh- life is short and we aren't guaranteed tomorrow- so laugh and enjoy life with those you love !!

No comments:

Post a Comment