Wednesday, October 19, 2011

10/19/11

Not sure why.....but what a restless night. So many thoughts of my beloved Carmen and the feelings that follow them. I long to have him walk thru the door and tell me he is sorry that he is getting home late and for making us worry. To hold me tight and tell me things that made me smile as only he can do. To have him tell me "we'll be fine" no matter what was going on. I ache to see him scoop up our daughters when they run to him as he comes home- hollering "daddy's home!!" To see the smile on his face as they did this......as he would drop whatever he had in his hands to hug them !!

My heart aches as I read things about families not supporting one another, I hear about children and elderly being abused, so many of our family and friends who don't have jobs- thru no fault of their own, and I think to myself......my dear sweet man would do whatever he could to help others and he would stand up for those who could not defend themselves....and yes.....Carmen could be abrasive or even harsh......but you knew......he was passionate !! And if he confronted you with something....it was only because he loved you.....otherwise he would even bother to talk to you ! =)

Our daughters continue to amaze me with all they do and are !! I see Carmen in them in so many things and I think to myself- I am glad that I see this so often. For others it may bring pain......but to me.....it is my beloved living on thru them. They are strong, caring, loving, passionate and honest- what more could a father want then for someone to see this in his children ??  As before......may we continue to make Carmen proud in all we do and honor him by our example.

No comments:

Post a Comment