Tuesday, July 31, 2012

7-31-12 thoughts.......

This post was from a new friend’s page: but it very true & not just for the loss of a husband.....but the loss of any of our loved ones. So here it is...... abbreviated & then my thoughts added.
******************************************************************
A counselor made this comment that helped with this whole grieving process. They were talking about outsiders, society, & people who don't "get" this but still give their judgmental opinions about how I need to "move on" or "let go". She was told simply: "You do not have to let go of your husband. Not ever ! That is not the goal- the goal is for you to be able to live a life, and in that life, your husband will always be a part of it. He is a part of you- it would be impossible to let him go.
The idea is not to let him go- but rather to gradually change your relationship with him. It's a shift- even though he isn't here, you still have a relationship & You always will ! That doesn’t die. We need to figure out what that relationship IS now, how it works, and where to place him in your new life."
*******************************************************************
So from the moment I was told that Carmen was killed....I had to shift.....first I shifted into shock, but then I shifted into Mommy mode.....how do I protect my babies....how do I help them with this most unbearable pain ?? Then I shifted into just existing.....figuring out how to go on.....without my beloved Carmen by my side. I quickly realized that I could NOT be both Mommy and Daddy. I sat the girls down and told them…..I’m sorry….I can’t fix this- I can’t make this better, I can’t make this pain go away…..I can only try to be the best mommy that I can be. This is not going to be easy or pleasant…..I don’t know why God has allowed this to happen to us and I can’t say that I am happy with him for it but we need to keep focused on him….knowing that he has our best interest at heart & will bring us thru.

One day we will laugh again…..one day the pain will not be as painful…..it will always be with us but so will Carmen……the love, values and knowledge he gave us will live on in us. He was a strong, a caring and loving man- who is with us forever……we can’t be afraid to grieve or for that matter to go forward with our lives……because we will never let him go……we will just find our new normal & figure out where to go from here.  I LOVE YOU Carm……always have & always will !!  xoxox o

No comments:

Post a Comment