Thursday, July 5, 2012

7/5/12

We were able to spend a few days in NYC- while there we celebrated Toni's 11th birthday at the Statue of Liberty & Ellis Island. This was another one of those good & bad moment. So much fun yet it was something that Carmen had promised to do with us.

The girls and I took the trip with my parents and our adopted brother from Germany and a good time was enjoyed by all. We also visited ground zero, the cathedral, atrium and other fun spots.

My heart is hurting & often empty & my brain is counting down the days- 6. I know there is nothing magical about that day.....my heart will not all of a sudden be healed, nothing will bring him back and nothing can fill that hole......but I guess my head is hoping for something- something along the lines that I will all of a sudden wake up and that Carmen will be there beside me telling me that this has all been the worst nightmare of my life.

Anyway......literally riding a roller coaster of ups & downs.....sometimes all within a few moments of each other !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment