Monday, September 26, 2011

9/26/11

It has been awhile since I posted. The reason is simple- life is simply the same as it was when I last wrote. Of course there are happy times (my cousin's is about to be a Mom Mom: the baby shower for her son, another friend just became a Mimi to her first grandson, visits and time with those who love us & are still caring for us, places we've gone together) and many other things and activities that in the past I may have overlooked as a blessing. And there have still been the sad & hurting times (not only the pain & drain of being without Carm) but also getting back to living and surviving life. Hearing about other's heartaches and pain and wondering "how can I help them?" 

I have come to cherish and value any & all time spent with my family and friends. In life we can so often get so busy that we forget to take the time to value this time. I can honestly say that other things can wait and that when I climb into bed and my mind wants to turn into a tornado of thoughts that the Lord has been gracious to remind me of his love, strength and of the many blessings of family and friends.

I know that so many of us have seen the saying, "be kind to each other because you never know what the other person is facing that day", BUT do we really ever think of that when dealing with each other?

The Lord has seen fit to allow me (& our girls) to travel forward on the journey of life without my Beloved Carmen. But he is giving me the strength to deal with each situation that comes. He is giving us comfort- both his own and that of those he has in our lives. He continues to give or allow certain challenges to come my way- some I have passed and other challenges I admit my failings, ask for forgiveness, strength and courage to try again.  He also has presented me with opportunities to show how having him in our lives is the difference between giving up & going on.

Please continue with your prayers for myself, Gianna & Toni. You truly do not know how much those prayers are needed and coveted. When you send us emails, facebook messages, phone calls and snail mail they remind us that the Lord has many people upholding us before him throughout the day & even the night. Never underestimate the power of your prayers and reminders for us.

Thank you everyone for sharing in this journey with us.    

2 comments:

  1. always enjoy reading your posts and listening to your heart! I always carry you in mine! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Ma !! I love you & you & Pop are in my heart too !!

    ReplyDelete