Monday, November 21, 2011

11/21/11

Well today was another one of those up & down days. Toni's class trip to Philly to see the Constitution center.....but they were so rushed that most kids were left wondering...."is that all?" When I got back to school our Family Crisis Therapist asked for my "help" in taking care of distributing Thanksgiving meals to some families.....I just wanted to help him.....and it was I who was blessed by the two women who came in !!

My heart is still so raw and broken......I so totally don't want to be bothered with the holidays.....and yet I feel every fiber of my being that my dear sweet man is with me and our girls. He is reminding me to be thankful to God for what we have.

I am thankful for ....family, friends & my coworkers- for without your love, hugs & support - the girls and I would not have gotten this far in our journey. You may think that your actions or words are small or unimportant......but I can assure you that none of it goes unnoticed or unappreciated.

Live your life without regrets.....let those around you know that you love them & give them the best gift you can offer..........yourself.  Spend time with them, hug them, remind them that nothing is more important than spending time with them. Don't let anything come between you and them. Whatever petty things have occurred in the past......leave them there.....in the past. Forgive and move forward.

Thank you for being part of our lives- Thank you for your time- Thank you for just being there !!
May all of you have a truly Blessed & Happy Thanksgiving !!

Love from Me, Gi & Toni

2 comments:

  1. Always love reading your blog. You share your heart and I am so very proud of you and how you are dealing with such a overwhelming loss. We all miss Carmen and always will. But hopefully as you continue through the journey the days won't be as painful. So looking forward to seeing you and girls on Thursday. Luv you to heaven and back <3 <3 Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mom....sharing my heart honestly is the only way I know. See you & Pop thurs. Love you too.

    ReplyDelete