Wednesday, November 23, 2011

11/23/11

Dearest Carmen- our girls & I cried when you passed away & we still cry today. We loved you dearly & beyond words- but we couldn't make you stay. A golden heart stopped beating, your hard working hands are at rest. God broke our hearts & it proves that he only takes the best. For those that we have loved & lost but can never forget. We miss you always....but especially during the holidays.

The g...irls & I have sat & talked & shared the memories of Carmen and Grandmom {Carmen's mother- who passed in April} how they loved the holidays....how they loved the food & how hey loved having their family close by !!!

Today.....I went into the kitchen to prepare some things for Thanksgiving.....and immediately my heart pained me....my eyes welled up with tears....my stomach tightened & I thought I would get sick....my mind whirled with thoughts of Carmen- I thought "I can't do this" !!! I sat down & cried and immediately a warm hug enveloped me. The next thoughts in my head were Carmen's words....."You can to this- I want you to do this- the girls need to see that everything we love doing will still be done & I'm right here with you".

Peace, Gratitude and Love are gifts that are to be shared. If any of these traits are done silently and not shared....then they are like wrapping a present & not giving it to the person.

I am thankful for each & everyone of you that are in our lives. ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

3 comments:

  1. I'm sad that you had to have that experience of a "breakdown" in the kitchen, but glad that it turned onto a more positive experience of you "feeling" Carmen there with you. BUT I'm also sad that you were cooking alone in your kitchen....WE WERE SUPPOSED TO DO THIS TOGETHER!!! Don't cook anything else, bring it all to me and we'll get through it together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was absolutely beautiful. Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving. May you and the girls be ever so grateful for the time you had with Carmen, I know I am :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Anonymous.....I love you & I wanted our time to be fun...so that is why I made some stuff here ahead of time, I know you are there !!

    Dear Donalee...thank you for your encouragement !! And I know that Carmen was glad for the time he had with you & your family ...I know I am glad he had that time with you all!! :)

    ReplyDelete