Sunday, June 17, 2012

6/17/12 Our 1st Father's Day

Well.....we made it thru our first father's day without Carmen. Often my heart is still hollow & broken and yet unlike quite a few of my friends I am still blessed to have my dear Pop with us. My girls are fortunate to have their Pop Pop. His calm, loving and gentle spirit are a blessing to all who have the pleasure of knowing him.

Today I did my best to show my dad that not only do we love him but that we think he is special. It was both hard & easy......I'm confused at how it can be that way. Later the girls and I stopped in to see my father in law. Carmen always thought of him as a father and we wanted to still honor that relationship. I hope that both dads had a good day.

Today was also full of lots of thoughts of past Fathers Days......the time Carmen and I would spend together before the girls woke up, the amused look on his face as we presented him with his gifts. The way he would wear, or show joy over whatever they had chosen for him......the expectant & anxious looks the girls would give until he smiled and gave hugs and then the happy & joyful smiles and giggles that would follow would fill my heart with joy & happiness !!

I wish my beloved Carmen a very Happy Father's Day......your sweet girls are doing well. We all miss you and love you more than you can ever know and wish with all of our being that you were still here. I can't take your place....I can only try to keep your memory & values alive and to try to be the best mom that I can be and make you proud.

All my Love Always and Forever.......

No comments:

Post a Comment