Friday, June 8, 2012

6/8/2012

Wow...it has been over a month & I haven't written. We've been busy. Since my last post we had our Celebration of Life party for Carmen and what would have been our 25th wedding anniversary. It was a truly amazing party. So many people who love Carmen, me and the girls. I brought our wedding pictures and the posters that we made for his service.

There was a hiccup.....my cousin Brian (thanks to the army) was not able to make it.  =(  but it was ok- we got past that & my friend Odai (DJ megaskills) was terrific !! Another friend Chrissie made a delicious and beautiful cake !!  Then....another friend was our videography & a lovely woman Judith came to take lots of pictures !!

There was alot of dancing, tasty food, alot of shared memories- laughs and tears. Courtesy of my dear Kim & Jen (sw's) there was a bit of shenanigans when we cut the cake !!

It left us all on the top of the roller coaster !! Of course being at the top......one must remember that there is a down slope. That down slope included the following week.....May 9th our anniversary, May 10th was scheduled for court to deal with workman's comp, then May 11th the 10 month mark of Carmen leaving us.  YES......it totally sucked !!!

The rest of them month was semi normal. Then at the end of the month- Gianna went to her boyfriend's senior prom. We had a "billion" people here.....lol.....ok....not a billion but there were alot & we had a lovely time after the cute couple left !!

That night......in the wee hours......Gianna woke up with a 102 fever & ended up in the hospital with "something viral" (official diagnosis- you know when they don't know what the problem is) and Toni had a sore throat.....it was not related to allergies like I thought.....no !!! It was coxsachey- a form of hand foot mouth virus......so a throatful of blisters along with some on hands & feet. My poor sweet babies had a time of it. Gianna needed 6 1/2 bags of IV & Toni needed "magic mouthwash" and it was indeed magic !!! (should you or your kiddos ever get sick like that- ask for a Rx for Magic Mouthwash !!!)

As of Wednesday we were all done with school/work for the summer. The girls will start swim team & all the fun that goes with that (me too). We are planning a trip to NYC for a few days & some other fun things.

We are going to have a bittersweet Father's Day this year......I still have my dear Father- so I am happy to be able to celebrate having him here, yet my heart hurts that I can't celebrate the Father of my sweet girls. And they can't show him how much they still love & adore him !! We found a great ministry that we will be making a Memorial donation to - it involves inviting men out hunting & sharing the gospel with them at some point during the day. (I soooo love this idea- as Carmen often said there aren't enough "manly" christian men out there).

As we come upon the 11 month mark and then the 1 year angelversary we will continue to rely on all of you !!  We've had some people pull away and although painful.....we understand that people need to grieve their lose also and that they don't always know how to deal with us on a new relationship level.  But please know...... that we continue to be thankful and blessed by those who choose to be in our lives.

Love from Us !!

No comments:

Post a Comment