Wednesday, August 10, 2011

8/10/11

Today was tiring !! I had to take Gianna to AI for surgery on her eyes. Originally this surgery was scheduled for 7/13 and of course that was not the case. She wanted the surgery rescheduled before school starts because she doesn't want to miss any schoolwork. I did make sure that the staff knew ahead of time what had happened with Carmen & that Gianna was quite anxious. Needless to say...so was I !! They made sure that I was in the recovery room before she awoke. After this past month it was hard to see her laying in the bed- with her eyes puffy & a touch bloody and not be able to touch her or hold her right away. I had the urge to just take her in my arms and then "make" her wake up. But the Lord quieted my heart and I was able to sit there and hold her hand quietly.

As she awoke she immediately asked if I was there. I leaned down and reassured her and kissed her head. She was in alot of pain and it was hard to get her to try to relax. They ended up having to give her 3 doses of morphine to help her pain. They put an ice bag back on her eyes and I sat there rubbing her head and hand, quietly talking to her and she finally was able to sleep.

After awhile they said that Mom could come in the back with us and a nurse went and got her. I'm glad that she came with me and that I have a gf who offered to take Toni so that she didn't have to sit around the hospital & I could concentrate on Gianna.  I know that people can't read minds but apparently both Mom & Jen know that I have an extrememly hard time asking for help and just make sure to be there for us.

More and more reality is creeping in and my mind races in many directions. So if you would....please keep us in the forefront of your prayers. They are appreciated beyond measure.

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad the surgery for Gi went well. Praying for you tonight, that God would bless you with rest. Love from Minnesota to you and your precious girls. I miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Marlene- thank you for your prayers. I miss you too & think of you all often ! Kiss those beautiful babies for me !!

    ReplyDelete