Thursday, August 11, 2011

8/11/11- update and the 1 month mark

The girls and I count days differently.....for me- monday was a month since Carmen's death. For the girls- today is the month mark. It has been so hard to even think about it or to do anything but deal with the girls and just getting thru a day. Time is passing & people are getting on with their lives and yet I feel as though time has stopped. This month has been so very long and tiring and yet it seems as though it was just last week that we were in each other's arms having a good time.

The girls are still handling this so vastly differently and it is a challenge to know what to say to each of them. My heart is still so broken, empty and hurting that I am still not sleeping or eating properly.

Today Toni took a big step & unpacked her box and placed "Doddy" on her table. We picked out a picture of her and Carmen from this past Christmas out back. She lovingly placed him on her table and said I am glad he is here at home.  Right now she is enjoying watching Taz & telling me that her & Doddy love this cartoon.

That is all for now....I will probably be back on later.

No comments:

Post a Comment