Friday, August 5, 2011

8/5/11 morning

Well.....I got just about a full night's sleep. Mom decided to stay over with me & so I took the medicine the doctor gave me and went to bed. I woke a couple of brief times but went right back to sleep. I woke around 6am but then didn't get out of bed until 7ish something. I am actually hungry this morning too- so like in the past....I will give it a try & hope that I stay out of the bathroom ! =)

I'm upset with myself in the fact that I am a grown woman and couldn't handle being alone this week. But thankfully the Lord knew this & sent me the family & dear friends who are patient enough to be with me during the bad times as well as the good. It took alot of patient gentle prodding from all of them to get me to go to the ER since my own doctors office is full of jackasses that wouldn't take care of me during all of this.

But once again- I saw the Lord's hand in all this.....the woman doctor who got me- has been thru this. She lost her husband tragically and had 3 small children at the time. I believe she said 2, 4, 6 years old. She was kind, gentle and sat there and hugged me....then got firm....told me what was what !! And said she would be back. The nurse I got grew up in Delco and knows a family member and was also kind, patient and gentle. She put in the IV, gave me the medicine, turned off the lights and said now....lay down and relax you are safe here. Although I told them not to worry that I would call them when I got out.....my parents came down. So after only about 4 hours the doctor let me go. She said to make sure I continue to drink, try to eat, take the medicine she gave and then she did something I've needed for some time.....she gave me her card and said that she would be happy to be my physician and to get me thru this. She is down near Christiana but said if after I am on my feet- if I dont' want to travel down there- she will help me find a suitable doctor closer to home. When the nurse came back in to discharge me....she told me.....that the nurses love her & always breathe a sign of relief when they see she is working and that I will truly love having her as a doctor.

So now I am off to face the day.....lots to do today. Thank you for reading......and sharing my ups & downs !!

No comments:

Post a Comment