Sunday, August 14, 2011

8/14/11

Hello all- I will start by telling you that I had a decent day yesterday. Even though it rained it was good. My brother and nephew Matt came down to tackle a project for me & even though it took longer than expected it still got done. Couple of small things to polish it off but no worries. During the day- it was a joy to hear laughter & see the smiles. Matt had a water fight with Toni and it included: hoses, water guns, umbrellas and vehicles- they got soaked but the laughs & shrieks made my heavy heart happy. After the project- I was a bit apprehensive....Al took on Carmen's bbq duties. I really was not sure how I was going to feel- since for 24 years....he never let anyone man the grill. Carmen always made sure everyone had what they wanted & how they wanted it. And we had bbq'd the day before he died. BUT it was all good- Al made everything tasty & it was ok. Seeing him smile at the grill & teasing about how Carmen knew his grill & he didn't & had to make a few extra dogs since a few got well done was funny. After dinner my Pop made funnel cakes for us all- he hasn't done that in quite some time so it was also good to see the kids just eating them up & crowding around him in the kitchen.

Last night- Gianna had gotten sick during the night- so we just stayed home today. We were going to do some cleaning and laundry but so far we've just been lazy. The rain has a way of doing that to us. But just resting can be good too. Hope to have an uneventful night's sleep tonight. We've got some things to do & some appts this week but hoping for a good week.

THANK YOU all again for your support, love, calls and meals. I can not tell you how appreciative the girls and I are for you. We truly could not have gotten thru this first month without you all. I truly thank God for such a loving family AND such dear friends that care enough about us to hold us together and to let us know that even though we've been thru something horrible that we have people who love us.

No comments:

Post a Comment